Monday, September 19, 2011

The 4th of July

Summer is my favorite time of the year. Since it is swiftly coming  to a close, I thought I would skip back in time a little so I can share our 4th of July celebration. Almost every year we head over to my Aunt Peggy's house for the 4th. The kids love this tradition because there is a pool, they get to hang out with their cousins and we can do our own fireworks there (at our house they aren't legal).

The afternoon started with hours and hours of swimming, which is finally fun for me because both kids can swim on their own this year!


My little daredevil, Payton, loves jumping off the waterfall. It's quite the jump and first you have to go rock climbing to get to the top. If this doesn't wear a kid out I don't know what will!


Ella is quite the fish as well. Although, she only jumps off the rock if Daddy is in the water to catch her. She enjoyed showing off all her swimming lesson activities.


This was a lovely demonstration of the Turtle Float.


The girls are ready to start fireworks. Cathy and I really did not plan on dressing the girls in matching outfits. I guess nothing beats the $4 Target shirts and skirts.



Sparklers seem like a fun idea, but they are really just scary. I have no idea why I buy them every year. Kids waving around a stick of fire is a stressful activity.


Goodbye summer. We can't wait to see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment