Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our Trip to Adventure Playgound and a Few Random Thoughts

I think we have all managed to get over the horrible cold, or whatever it was, that brought the whole family down. I think mine turned into a sinus infection, but I didn't want to take antibiotics because the last two times that I've been prescribed an antibiotic, I've had a horrible reaction. Now I can never take those two again and in my crazy thinking, I figure I should save some antibiotic for future use if I ever have some life threatening illness. By life threatening, I'm thinking MRSA or something flesh eating, of course.

During the second week of my cold I did go to the gym a couple times and do light workouts because I was going to go insane if I had to spend one more day on the couch! Well, yesterday, since I was feeling almost 100% again, I decided to really go for it. By the end of the day, my ass and my legs were already feeling it. I'm definitely sore today, but I guess that's good.

I been meaning to blog about Adventure Playground forever. We went shortly before the virus took us down and it's too unusual not to share the pictures of it. It's a playground built completely out of donated, scrap wood and other stuff and it is built by random parents and volunteers. The other funny thing is that the kids can grab a hammer and nails, a saw, or some paint and add on whatever the want to the structures. It's absolutely crazy, not very safe, but still pretty cool. The playground is open only on the weekend and for $10 you can drop your kid off for 3 hours. I don't think I would ever do this because it sounds like a severed limb waiting to happen, but it was definitely fun with close parental supervision.






There were three old boats for the kids to climb on. There was also a sign that said "No Tools on Boats."




No problem. Nail a piece of wood anywhere you want!



One of the best things about this park is the location. It was a gorgeous day on the Bay. This was the view from the playground and you can walk a few feet down to a little beach.


These ground squirrels were everywhere on the beach and Ella was loving them. She really wanted to pick one up or feed them. Can you say bubonic plague? I have to say they were pretty darn cute!


Checking out a crab leg we found.


Beautiful day. Lots of fun with the family. I'm so glad we live in a climate where we can be outdoors year round and it looks like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment